Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas break

Christmas break started on Dec. 19th. On Dec. 20th we went to our first Christmas party for this year. This was a white elephant party that was so much fun. Sneezer left with a Chia* pet and Hubby got a gift card to star*bucks. I left with a gift that I brought, but seeing how we brought 3, and there was only 8 people, I guess that was bound to happen. I brought a handheld digital poker game.

Dec. 22 was our second Christmas party. It was at my grandmother in law's house. This party is a big thing every year. Cousins, along with all of hubby's siblings, are there. There were a few emotional times when we realized that Matthew was not coming. He always showed up late, so we just ate our dinner and usually when we are done eating is when he shows up. But he was not there this year. One of my nieces fell down and hurt her ear badly. It was not too bad, but when you are 11, it is painful. Another niece made and comment, " something was bound to happen!" she is 7. I chuckle a little that such grown up words were coming out of her mouth, but the mother and the mother's sister got into an argument on how inappropriate it was for her to say it. I left that conversation quickly. I did not need to get into the middle of that.

Dec. 24 was another Christmas celebration. I wouldn't call this one so much a party. It was dinner at my parents house. We tried to watch Star*Dust, but with eating and opening present, it was not possible to pay attention to the movie. I really do want to watch that movie. I got such great gifts from my parents. New towels to match our "new" bathroom, new towels for the kitchen and gift cards for a night out with hubby, I am assuming that includes babysitting services too? We also opened gifts from my sister who lives in Seattle but sent gifts over with friends. (Thank you Ally and Paul for that!!) I got a book called "good dog. stay." and hubby got a gift card for tar*get. The kids got some clothes and of course toys from the grandparents. All in all this was a good night.

Dec 25. Christmas day.. Woke up and waited for the kids to wake up on their own. Sho-sho was the last one to wake. Cj came into my room and asked if they could just sort the presents. Uh no! I told them they needed to wait til Sho-sho was awake. So you know what he did? He went in to her room, stood at the foot of the bed and whispers her name several times until she opens her eyes and then he screams " She's awake!!!" I don't think she was to happy with this until she realized that we can open the presents that had been sitting there for sooo long. The kids really got way to much stuff. New star wars toys, video games, Cj got a fishing pole that of course D is angry about, and Sho-sho got many, many new babies. I got hubby some new cologne, a new bathrobe, and I made a photo album for him of the kids. I also made him one of his brother, but gave it to him several days before. I wasn't sure of what his reaction would have been to that, so I didn't want to give it to him on Christmas morning.

At Noon we headed to Hubby's dad's house. It was awkward b/c it was mostly the step family there. It was just us from his dad's side of the family. It was a nice party though. It was sad seeing Tallon there, he was Matt's dog and you could just see the sadness in his eyes. He just sat on the back porch like he was waiting for Matt to come back. I got a really nice throw blanket and Hubby got a tool set from his dad. The kids got more toys.

After this Christmas lunch, we went home and laid in bed. It was an exhausting Holiday and now that it was over, it was time to relax!! This year was so stressful, I actually got a little something for everyone and just to let you know how many people that is, I am going to tell you.
My husband has 3 brothers ,one is married, one has passed, 2 sisters, one is married, 3 step brothers, in which one is married, 2 step sisters whom are both married, 4 nieces, 2 step nieces and 6 step nephews. And then my side is 2 brothers and one sister whom is married and 1 nephew and 1 niece. Plus I have 2 mother-in-laws and a father- in law and my parents too. I was surprised that I got them all.

Well this post is getting long and I have to start getting busy here, so I will write about new years perhaps some time next week.

No comments:

visitors