Tuesday, January 2, 2007

back to the old routine

Well the kids are back in school and I am back to the old routine of waking up, getting them off to school and then having absolutely nothing to do but clean all day! Fun! We had a somewhat good Christmas. It has been spread out over the weeks and we still have to exchange some gifts due to all the ailments in our family. It started out with just having colds so we knew we were not going to be able to go over to the in-laws,(Bummer) due to my MIL being on chemo right now. But then on Weds. night (27th), Sho-sho developed a fever that would not go down with medicine, so Thurs. we went to the ER and found that she had 2 very bad ear infections and a fever of 103.5. When they we able to get her temps. down to 101.1 they sent us home with a lot of antibiotics and other pain relievers/fever reducers. Needless to say this, along with the pass and issues at hubby's work, we were not able to make the trip to Seattle to see my sister.

This year hasn't really been much of a Christmas. I mean, Christmas is about spending time with family, eating a meal with them and all that. But this year, it just seemed like a gift exchange. "let's drop off those presents and pick up these and mail those ones and.....". My parents went to Seattle to see my sister and we were too sick to go over to the in-laws on Christmas day and then the plans of a belated Christmas at my sisters was cancelled because of various things. I just hope that next year will be better and we can do the usual Christmas celebrations that we do and maybe some new ones?

As for gift wise, I am happy about that. The kids got everything they wanted and more, and I got a Ipod I have been wanting, along with a tea kettle. I don't know what it is about it, but I love hearing a tea kettle whistle. And I got a slow cooker. I don't know how much I will be using it and I am not exactly sure why I wanted one, I guess just to know that I have one? But now I need to learn stuff to make in it. I have already gotten plenty of use out of my tea kettle and the dogs completely freak out when the whistle goes. it is funny!

Well that is all for now.

Oh and my dog completely bounce back that day. He had a rock blocking his intestines and pooped it right out. He immediately started being his old self. I guess it is called Pica. (the consumption of inedible objects.) Well we got him a lot of chew toys now, so hopefully he will not have a craving for rocks anymore.

No comments:

visitors