Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Family Skate Night

Trust me, at the beginning of the day I had absolutely no intentions of going to this.

Tuesday started out as a normal Tuesday. I got up, got the kids dressed, got them to school (minus Sho-sho), and then dropped Hubby off at work. Came home and started my normal morning cleaning. Chatted with my sister (via e-mail) , read her blog, looked at photos, and then went and took a shower. Got Sho-sho ready for school and then headed over there. I decided that I wanted to give CJ a Nebs. treatment before his field trip so I pulled him out of class and did that before lunch. After lunch, Sho-sho had to walk to the K-play area on her own. She is such a big girl and she did not have a problem with that. I had to be in CJ's classroom before 12:30 so I could help get the kids ready for the field trip. I had 5 kids in my group as opposed to the 4 that was recommended. I had good kids in my group, so it was no problem at all. And basically I just had to make sure they got on the bus and off the bus and back to the school.

Once we were at the museum, they all just spread like roaches in light. The adults mostly chatted with each other. I learned yesterday that CJ's teacher graduated from the IF clinic! I am so happy for her. I am glad that this time around she did not have to endure more than one IVF cycle. I just know the kind of pain that would be.

But back to the museum. Me and CJ's teacher, you know what we will call her J! So me and J were talking and found it funny how this "expert" (person who worked at the museum) acted as if she knew all these things about tarantula's. She was holding one and telling the kids that they do have fangs but they don't bite and they are not poisonous. UHHHH? We took the kids to the Port*land Zoo before the start of school and one of the things that we did learn about was tarantulas. They all are born with fangs and venom that can kill a human in as little as 20 minutes, so we were told. But all tarantulas that are sold in the US to Zoos, museums, pet stores, etc. are defanged and they have their venom glands removed. Also, no one in their right mind would have a spider in a children's museum that had fangs! So, she would not let the kids hold the spider, but they could touch it. She did, however, let them hold walking sticks. She has absolutely no common sense to let 6 year old hold an insect and walk around with them. And wouldn't you just know it!! It was one of the kids from my group that lost the walking stick. We looked for it for a bit, but all I can say is that it is her own dang fault for letting them hold it and not watching them with it. I mean, 6 year olds lose their shoes! Do you think they will not lose a walking stick??

So anyway, once we got back to the school, I saw one of my daughter's friends and she was trying to convince me to let Sneezer go to the skate night alone with her. I was not comfortable with this b/c she only lives with her Dad and I have never met her Dad before. So I called hubby and was going to take just the older two, but then he thought the little ones would not like that, so they all came. I was not going to skate, b/c let's face it, I am not as young as I want to be anymore. But CJ and Sho-sho were having troubles so I renting skates for myself and helped them. After about an hour (and completely wiping out a couple of times) I opted to quit and sat with mom's of Sneezer's friends. I woke up this morning with a very hurt knee. I don't remember hitting it, but it sure does hurt!!! Needless to say, next time I will be having their wheels tightened and sitting that one out!! But it was fun and it was nice to chat with the other moms.

No comments:

visitors