Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Busy week

Things have been so busy this past week. I was running all over the place on Friday. I started the day going to the store to get last minute things for CJs 7th b-day party. When I got home, I had an email from another mom that also has a child in the play that Sneezer is in, asking me to bring snack. So that was on my list of things to do before I got to the school that day. Then, while putting together goody bags for the party, Sneezer calls saying she needs money for her v-day party at school. Alright so now I have to go to the store and then get to the school early to get money to Sneezer. Then seconds after that call, I get another call that is hubby calling to ask me to pick up his prescriptions and bring them to him for his tooth. Alright!! So much for a shower!

So I got hubby's meds, dropped them off downtown and then came back up north to get to the store to get snacks for the kids in the play, and then over to the school to get money to Sneezer before helping out in CJ's class. On the way to CJ's class, I find that there is a sub. I, being the person I am, thought the worst and that something had happened to Mrs. J's babies. Well I was close. She was having contractions and her Doc. has put her on partial bedrest. So she works in the mornings and has a sub in the afternoon. The sub is awesome and still wants me to come in a help, so no stay at home boredom for me, Yay!! On this day the class was scheduled to watch a movie, so I asked Sho-sho's teacher if she would like some help and she did, so I helped out in her classroom.

I should point out here that b/c of my volunteering at the school I have finally made up my mind as to what I want to do with my life. I am going to go into the teaching program at the community college. I can credit Mrs. J for that. I kind of always wanted to be a elem. school teacher and with Mrs. J giving me the oppurtunity to help in the class, I want to do that even more now. I know it is about4-6 years of schooling, but I really want to do this!

So now here we are this week. I went and helped out in CJ's classroom yesterday and will continue to do so for as long as the sub wants me to.

Today me and hubby are going out for lunch for our V-day date. He has to work tomorrow and I will be at the school and then this weekend he has to go out of town, so today was the only time to have our v-day. Tonight there is a family night at the school that we are going to, minus hubby. He had plans with friends before we made plans for family night. Then tomorrow is V-day parties that I will be helping out with. Friday Sneezer has rehearsals and there is no school. The kids have a 4 day weekend! So it is just me and them. Any suggestion on something fun and inexpensive that we could do?

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

That's good you've decided what you want to do - very exciting!

I have no ideas. If it was summertime, I might have some ideas but not for winter.

visitors