Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow days!!

First off, in case you haven't noticed, I didn't end up setting this blog to private. It is a good thing that I didn't. The most amazing thing happened! From my blog about my neighbor that had passed, his son found me and emailed me and I got to know more about him and he got to see another side of his dad! It was such a blessing!!

On to news about the kids. Such a busy month this month. Hubby has a infection in a tooth and was just miserable for the last few weeks until the meds. kicked in. He is doing better now and his face is not so swollen.

The last week of January a bad snow storm hit us dropping a couple of feet of snow in just two days. Roads were so bad that school buses were unable to drive on the side streets causing them to cancel school. On that Monday, we hung out at home and absorbed the miracle that the school's superintendent finally got their head out of their ass and canceled school. There was just no way that I was going to drive anywhere in that crap. Roofs were collapsing and so many car accidents. Just wasn't worth my life to get the kids to school!

Tuesday we made plans to go sledding at a nearby park with some friends of the kids. But they were cancelled because the other mom felt it was too cold to be outside. Wednesday was a better day for that. So we met them at the park and the kids were having loads of fun. Then my older daughter was having difficulty mounting her sled off the starting ramp that was made by someone the was there prior to us. I opted to demonstrate how she should mount it.

BIG MISTAKE!!

I got on the sled and went down ths hill. First bump was good, but turned me around. Second bump I got alot of air and was sitting way wrong on the board and when I came down I heard it.

CRUNCH!!

My knew I broke something in my lower back or tailbone. I got up and walked back up the hill, thinking the pain would subside and I would just be sore. But then everything went white. I could only lay on the ground in the snow. I knew I did something really bad and I just knew that I needed to get home. Everytime I stood up, everything would go white, but I had to get these kids home and get home myself. I had my four kids and 2 other kids that the other mom had dropped off and was not coming back to pick them up for another hour or so. We made it home and I called hubby and he came home to get me to the hospital. I called my mom to have her come watch the kids, but then later in the day opted not to go. I was more than certain that it was my tailbone that I had broken and there was nothing that anyone could do for a broken tailbone, I just needed to rest it. I was in total pain and just really did not want to move.

Now, 2 weeks later, I am able to sit in a chair. It still hurts to bend and get back up from sitting, but I am getting better.

The kids had no school for the rest of the week, which was the best thing that could have happened for me, seeing how I would not have been able to get them to school.

But now I have learned my lesson that I am too old to go sledding!!!

No comments:

visitors