Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Las Vegas trip.... Part II

I know I said I was going to post about this yesterday, but things got really busy here and well I had no time. So here are the det's of Thurs. in Vegas.....

My 2nd day in Vegas and I woke up at 7:30 in the morning. Hubby told me to go back to bed, but I could not sleep. So I decided to go for a walk through the hotel. I went down to the main floor and back to the shop where we got the saline solution and bought some Visine to clear up my very blood shot eyes. I thought my contacts had done this so I kept my contacts off for the rest of the morning. While walking around, I decided to check in with the kids and chatted with Sneezer while trying to find my way around this hotel. I went up the first set of escalators I came across, but that just brought me up to the arcade, which was not open. So I went back down to the main floor and found another set of escalators and found that all the shops up there were closed, but Starbucks and krispy kreme were open. I could not find the shops that hubby showed me the day before. So Sneezer (who was on the phone) suggested finding a map and there was one right in front of me, so I went and took a look. It was all so confusing so I just decided to go back to the room and wait for hubby to get up. I got back to the room and showered and then waited. I decided to play my DS while I was waiting for hubby to budge. BY 9 the roller coaster started going by, and I thought that would have at least woken hubby up. Finally 10 came and I asked hubby if that was too early to get up and then finally he started moving.

We left the room, went down and got a Starbucks and a cheese danish for me and then proceeded over to the MGM Grand hotel, where we came across the Indiana Jones slot machines. so we sat and played for a bit and once again $40. gone just like that. Twenty from each of us. So then we got up and headed over to the Monorail to head to the Hilton Hotel to see the Star Trek experience. Once we got there, we went in to the Bar and watched one of the Star Trek movies ,( there were several playing on different TVs through out the restaurant and bar) so we parked ourselves on the bar stool and order and Ramoline beer, which was basically and regular beer tinted blue. While we were waiting for our beers, this guy at the end of the bar threw this furry ball over my way. I, not being a huge Star Trekkie, don't know the name of it. But I have seen the episode that these things are from, but thought it was a bar thing that just rolled around. Hubby and this guy got a good laugh at me freaking out. Haha! :P So then we finished up our beers and then proceeded to the Star trek experience tour. The first feature (ride) that we went on was the Borg invasion. This was a 4-d attraction and the "ride" made me feel very nauseous, probably from not eating too much and having a beer when I should have been eating lunch Or maybe from the 4-d glasses that had to be worn for this feature? After the "ride" we went back to the bar that we had our beers and this time order some food. We ordered this drink that was so big that we had to share it, It had a total of 10 shots in it , I believe. I don't remember the name, but it was something about getting "warped". It was blue and had dry ice in the bottom of it so it steamed while you were drinking it. After our drink we went back through to ride the second "ride", The Klingon encounter. This was another cheesy ride , but I don't remember much of this one, probably from that "warped" drink. But this one was alot more entertaining as it gave us a sky line view of Las Vegas. Of course it was video, but it was still nice to see.

The rest of the trip was pretty cloudy. I know the things that I did, but I don't remember the sequence or what hotel we were at. I blame this on the unfamiliar and also the fact that you can order a drink and walk all over Las Vegas with it. We did get back on the monorail and then head back to the hotels closer to ours, and then walked around a bit. We went to Caesar's palace and watched the Atlantis show and got drinks at a fat tuesday's, though we have on here in Spokane. We played the Indiana Jones slot game again and then that night we watched the Cirque de Soleil's Zumanity. After the show, we walked around some more and then I decided to call it a night, but hubby went to play poker and one of the poker tables we saw at MGM. This night he left with double what he went in with. Oh we also ate at a buffet at I don't know what hotel, but it was crappy. The food was good, at least what I had was, but the service was horrible. And very over priced for what little they had.

Friday we woke up and ate lunch at a fish shop where we had fish and fries. We got our espressos and then went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. This was very nice and then had a recorded feature so if you wanted to know more about a certain fish in a aquarium, it was there to tell you. We got to touch the same kind of sting ray that killed Steve Irwin. They are very slimy and so cool to watch, but yet so dangerous. It was so peaceful and serene to watch the fish. There was one point when me and hubby went to sit down and I could have fallen asleep in there.

We walked every where that day. We grabbed a drink at the Treasure Island hotel and continued to walk trying to cross the street to get to the Paris hotel. (I had to get a matching balloon cup for the one my parents got me a few years back.) It took us an hour or so just to cross the street. Along the way, at some point, we went to the Venetian hotel, this was very nice and they had the water Gondola's that went through the hotel. I wanted to ride on that , but we couldn't find where you got on. We were across the street when the water show in front of the Bellagio went off, so we stayed and watched that for a bit. We went to Madame Tussauds wax museum. I liked that, but some parts were stupid. Like the "haunted" section. This had live action people and the guy that did the intro was dorky and actually spit on my face while he was talking. I didn't like that too much and I was laughing at all the people, I don't think they like that.We went to MGM grand and played the Indiana Jones game one last time. This time as i was witting there, this guy came up and sat next to me and asked if her had to bet the max to win. I said no, you don't have to bet all the lines, but you need to bet the max amount to get anything, so he sat down and put in his money and after about 3 times he hit the jackpot!!! WTF? He only won about $50. b/c it was a nickel slot, but still! Man, If only I sat one seat over!! You know? We had a very good Buffet at the MGM Grand. It was so much better than the one the night before and they had Creme brule for dessert. I love creme brule, though I don't think I spelled it right. We did not do anything the rest of the night. After we ate dinner, we head back to our room, got our flight info and then went over to the MGM and got our boarding passes for our flight home. Then we went back to our room dropped off the stuff and then went over to Excalibur. I don't remember what we went there for? But then went back to our room and called it a night.

Saturday morning, Hubby had to wake me up. I was so exhausted. We checked out of our hotel and checked our luggage to the bag boys at the front of the hotel. Then we went and got some lunch, this time we just had hot dogs and chili fries. While eating our lunch, I saw the Zumanity shop and decided to go and take a look. There were some book and stuff that I would have liked, but did not want to spend that much money on it. I bet I could find it online for cheaper.

After lunch, we went shopping around for things for the kids. We got the girls just some t-shirts that said Las Vegas and the boy got some dragon shirts from the Excalibur. I saw alot of baby things I wanted to get my sister, but they were either over priced or not in a small enough size.

All in all, I had fun in Vegas. I would like to go back again. My advice for visiting Vegas, if you are going to gamble set a limit. it can be so over whelming and you find your self thinking, I will win on the next one, and then just like that, your money is gone. Wear comfortable shoes, you will be doing so much walking that if you wear sandals or anything with no support your feet will kill you. And finally, If you are at an attraction and they ask to take you photo, say no, that is their way of making more money off of you and after they snap your photo, they have the right to do what ever they want with it.

visitors