Thursday, April 12, 2007

This week in the yard.

I did a lot of well needed yard work the past couple of days. On Tuesday I raked up all the dead grass in the front and yesterday I cleaned the back yard and weeded in part of the flower beds in back. i was very disappointed to find that a lot of my plants had died b/c of the wacky weather we have been having. my daisies died, and not just one plant, but all three!! My lavender plant looked dead, but the roots still looked okay so I left them to see how things turn out. a lot of my Hollyhocks died but I had enough of those growing everywhere that I was able to fill in the gaps.

I have got sunflowers popping up everywhere again this year, but I think I will pull those and only have a few this year. There were just too many last year.

I lost a lot of my garden due to the building of the back porch. So I decided to fill in that patch of dirt with grass and just have my garden along the border of the yard. I already lost that big chunk and now my husband says that he wants me to turn another part along the driveway into grass too. we are having problems with our dog, Chewy, eating rocks again and my husband thinks that if there is grass there, then he will not be eating rocks. two things about this though, 1) that dog can dig and he will dig 2 feet straight down just to get a rock and 2) most of the yard that was grass, isn't grass now b/c his dad messed it up with all the construction and failure to clean up his own mess. But I don't want to get in on about his dad. The point is that i already lost a big chunk of my garden with all the porches that were built and now he wants me to turn more of it into grass? I don't think so! I put to much hard work into that to have it just be grass again. and the whole reason why i took the grass out in the first place was because it would never grow. and it might look bad now, b/c there is only dirt there, but when the other plants and flowers start coming in, it will look really nice.

well anyway, after two days of yard work,(and not even being half done) my body and hands and well everything, are killing me. I really need to start wearing the gardening gloves, b/c my hands are all roughed up now.

This will be a quiet weekend and then we got stuff going on for the next few weekends. next weekend and well part of the week too, me and hubby are going to Vegas. it is my first time there so I don't really know what to expect and then the weekend at the end of the month is my sister's baby shower over in Seattle, where me and the girls will be going over with mom. In may we have birthday's and mother's day in which this year my neighbor's birthday lands on mother's day. I need to make sure to give her a gift for both. She was so nice, on my birthday she gave me a candle set and then her husband grilled us some hamburgers. I just need to remember to return the favor. I think maybe this year , if the weather is nice, we should have a BBQ for mother's day? and then in June we got Sho-Sho's birthday and perhaps at the end of the month we will be having the twins arriving and me and the girls will be heading back over to help out some.

Well off to do some things and finish cleaning the house a bit.

Have a good day to whomever might read this!!

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

You are quite busy... :-D

visitors