Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good News and Bad News

First the good news...

Yesterday I found out that CJ's teacher is having twins. I am so excited for her and when she told me I was having a hard time to show I was happy for her. As to why, well that is the bad news.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my father-in-law asking for his ex-wife's phone number. I thought that was very strange knowing the dislike that they have for each other, but I just brushed it off. About 10 minutes after that call, I got another call. The person on the phone was making strange noises and after a few seconds I realized that it was my husband sobbing uncontrollably. After a few moments, he was able to get out a few words. "Matt is dead."
The rest of the conversation is much of a blur. Matthew is My husband's younger brother. He is just a couple years younger than me. As of now, we do not know the cause of his death. We do know that he was at the hospital Thursday night complaining of chest pains. The ER person that checked him could not find anything so they discharged him. From what we figured, he died a few short hours after he left the hospital. He was not found until Friday morning by his room mate who was coming into his room to check on him.

These are going to be hard days for my husband and his family. I ask that you pray for them.

As a spouse, this is new to me. I am here for them and my husband in anyway I can. I don't know what else to do.

I saw My father-in-law today and hugged him and he began to cry, which then made us all cry in response. I know that my children loved their uncle so much and he will truly be missed by all of us.

No comments:

visitors